1. Running for several hundred yards.
2. Climbing over obstacles
4. Pushing motor vehicles
5. Pulling or carrying accident, fire or crime victims
6. Using physical force to apprehend and subdue arrestees
7. Withstanding prolonged exposure, as long as eight (8) hours, to extreme weather conditions
8. Withstanding prolonged periods of standing and sitting
9. Withstanding frequent exposure to stress-producing situations such as encountering persons injured or killed by accidents, crimes, or suicide
10. Dealing with domestic disputes
11. Dealing with verbal and physical abuse of the officer, including taunts, insults, and threats to the officer, family members, or fellow police officers
12. Professionally and effectively communicate with citizens (including jeveniles), Borough personnel, and other law enforcement personnel and first responders
13. Operating a motor vehicle for long periods of time
14. Using a firearm effectively
15. Filling out written reports in a clear and concise manner
16. Rendering assistance with river rescue to potential drowning victim(s) through the use of swimming/basic water safety techniques
17. Maintain and display a thorough knowledge and application of enforcement of criminal statues, the Motor Vehicle Code, and Borough Ordinances, including revisions and relevant court decisions affecting same, as well as Department orders, policies, and procedures.
18. Maintain alertness using all of the sense, including sight, hearing, and smell to uphold the functions and goals of the Department
19. Must have the ability to solve practical problems, often under stress and/or within a limited time frame
20. Must have the ability to engage in physically and mentally demanding work under unusual or potentially hazardous conditions.
21. Maintains ACT 120 Certification
22. Must have the ability to withstand prolonged exposure to extreme weather conditions
23. Render assistance to river rescue to those in distress through the use of swimming and basic water safety techniques.
24. Maintain ability to withstand prolonged periods of standing, sitting, including sitting in a police vehicle.