A comprehensive plan is more than just a document disclosing Oakmont’s past and present land use trends with a proposed course of action for the next decade or so. It is one vital tool for our community to effectively realize our own best vision our future.
It is a process.
The Borough’s Comprehensive Plan exists to support Oakmont’s long-range planning, its development and revitalization vision. It establishes goals to guide decisions on funding, community character, commerce, infrastructure, and quality of life.
It creates a blueprint for our land use patterns of tomorrow. Community planning is an organized way or process of thinking about tomorrow. By thinking about how Oakmont changed in the past can help predict what changes might be in store for our future. When this type of thinking translates into action, it needs to be done in an orderly fashion and made part of a routine administrative process. If we do not plan for our future, then the community where we work, live and play may ultimately fail to adapt to change and miss opportunities.
- Oakmont Comprehensive Plan Update Process
- Oakmont Comprehensive Plan Proposed Schedule
- Planning Commission YouTube Link
- Planning Commission Twitter Page
- Map 2011 Civic Amenities Plan
- Map 2011 Future Land Use Plan
- Map 2011 Impressions and Opportunities
- Map 2011 Initial Opportunities Areas
- Map 2011 Natural Resource Plan
- Map 2011 Public Infrastructure Plan
- Map 2011 Transportation Plan
2011 Comprehensive Plan